For someone who enjoys outdoor activities, having a good pair of boots is vitally important. This is so that they can keep themselves protected from the rough terrains that they tend to walk or run through when executing these outdoor activities.
Whether you are looking for tactical work boots or are a law enforcement officer looking for tactical footwear, you need to make sure that the tactical boots you choose are of the best quality.
There are a lot of factors that one needs to look at when choosing the best tactical boots for yourself. With so many options, one might find it challenging, so we have taken the initiative and reviewed some of the best tactical boots on the market today.
Tactical Boot Reviews
Bates Men’s Ultralite Tactical Boot
There is so much more to tactical work boots than just being military boots. The first pair of tactical boots on our list are constructed with a side zip for easy access and so many other features that make them an excellent option.
This Bates Men’s ultra-light tactical boot is crafted with high-quality materials, starting from its leather and nylon construction all the way to the premium grade rubber outsole. In order to make this pair of boots as lightweight as it is, the designers opted to use a cushioned EVA midsole. This, coupled with the breathability and moisture-wicking of the interior lining, makes it a great choice for outdoor activities.
There are so many great features when it comes to the design of this lightweight boot, and the upper may be one of the most important things. That upper is crafted with premium-grade leather and nylon that makes it able to stand up to whatever anyone throws at it. This ultralight boot is super comfortable to wear thanks to the breathable lining, which is also waterproof, adding an enhanced level of protection. Maybe one of the most important things is stability, and thanks to the slip-resistant rubber outsole, this boot has a heightened level of stability.
Now just because this is outfitted with all these amazing features, it does not mean that it is a perfect option. Many find the zipper included in the design to be less than durable. Along with this, because of the overall design, the boot has a large toe box and is very loose around a calf. This may be beneficial for those with a wider foot and calf but is troublesome for those who don’t.
- Leather and nylon upper for improved durability
- Designed with a breathable lining and moisture-wicking material for improved comfort
- Slip-resistant outsole crafted and high-quality rubber for improved stability
- Crafted with waterproof lining for extra protection
- Some have found issues with the durability of the zipper
- The design offers too much area in the toe box as well as around the calves for some
Under Armour Men’s Stellar Military Boot
The next option is a pair of high-quality boots that many found to be the most comfortable. Crafted by experienced designers at Under Armour, this boot offers a lot of great features and benefits that will maximize comfort and wearability.
These boots from Under Armour are crafted with premium-grade leather and high-quality fabrics, including 900D nylon. It’s finished with a high-quality rubber sole that helps maintain stability even on rough terrain. Designed with an ankle-high shaft, there is great ankle support. It has a minimalistic build and is finished with quick-dry materials that improve comfort. But these are just some of the fantastic features that make this one of the best options out there.
One of the most important things to look at when choosing a hiking boot or tactical footwear is traction. This boot is constructed with a quality rubber sole that greatly improves traction. That coupled with the support and protection provided by the molded EVA midsole and reinforced TPU shank makes this a high-quality, comfortable boot. Along with this, the designers opted to include breathable and lightweight materials so that it is a more comfortable boot to wear. Also, you will find a removable Ortholite sock liner that helps with any type of odor.
Though there are a lot of features built into the design of this boot, there is one in particular that people find that takes away some of that comfort. This tactical boot is crafted with a stiff collar that will reduce comfort. Along with this, the overall design is quite narrow, so those with wide feet will find this an uncomfortable fit.
- Crafted with an Ortholite sock liner to help reduce odor
- Improves traction on all types of terrain thanks to the high-quality rubber sole
- Improves protection and support things to the molded EVA midsole
- Designed with a reinforced TPU shank for elevated support and protection
- Designed to be a breathable and lightweight boot
- Tactical duty boots are constructed with a stiff collar which may reduce the comfort level
- Some find that the shoe is very narrow, so it may not be a good choice for those with wide feet
Reebok Men’s Rapid Response Tactical Boot
This Rapid Response tactical boot is crafted with ballistic nylon and smooth leather along with a wide range of other features.
This tactical boot is crafted with a mixture of leather and ballistic nylon and finished with a high-quality rubber sole. The shaft measures from mid-calf to the arch and uses a lace-up system combined with a side zipper. The designers opted to utilize a composite total to round out the design, which enhances protection from heavy objects falling on it.
Some features are included in the design of this tactical shoe that elevates protection and comfort. The toe cap is not only a composite design but also extra wide for improved comfort in the toe box area. It is also crafted with a heel cushion for shock mitigation.
Because of this heel cushion, the wearer will find themselves with reduced foot fatigue and improved comfort. Speaking of comfort, the boot is designed with enhanced underfoot support to improve comfort and stability. In regards to stability in the handling of external conditions, the boot is also constructed with slip resistance.
That being said, a few issues need to be addressed before any final decisions are made. The first is that, like many other hiking boots and tactical footwear, these boots do have a bit of a sizing issue. You will want to go down half a size when choosing these boots. Along with this, some found that the boot uses insulating materials to be ill-advised for warm climates.
- Crafted to deliver a heightened level of shock absorption for reduced foot fatigue
- Designed with composite toe caps for improved protection of toes
- Tactical hiking boots that have an improved arch and underfoot support
- Slip resistance is included in the design to help deal with uneven terrain with excellent traction
- Some have found there to be sizing issues with the boots running about a half size bigger
- The use of insulating materials make it uncomfortable in hot weather conditions
NORTIV Men’s Leather Tactical Combat Boot
No matter the tactical task one is looking to accomplish, or if they simply need a pair of boots for daily wear, these next tactical combat boots are a great choice.
This comfortable pair of boots is designed with durable and breathable fabrics and high-quality materials. The designers included an ankle protection wrap and support via a high-quality zipper and a hook loop strap closure. Regarding the sole system, this boot uses a dynamic two-sole system that includes a removable shock absorber insole. Along with this, a slip, oil, and abrasion-resistant rubber outsole is included in the dynamic two-sole system so that the shoe can respond to a wide range of rough terrains.
In order to make sure this type of footwear meets the standards necessary to be comfortable and high-performance when it comes to tactical boots, there have to be some features included. When you’re dealing with rugged environments, you want a shoe that has plenty of shock absorption.
Crafted with a flexible EVA midsole that is removable, this boot offers that and so much more. Along with this, the boot is finished with a breathable and waterproof material that helps with comfort in cold weather and temperature control in warm weather. Plus, the boot is easy to put on, thanks to the side zipper and hook loop strap closure included in its design.
Although the side zipper is a nice touch, there is a slight problem when it comes to the ease of putting on the boot. The zipper quality may not be able to stand up to the tough environments that people will be utilizing these technical boots in. On top of this, the high-quality lace used in the construction may be nice for durability, but some find them quite challenging to manage.
- Crafted with breathable materials to help keep feet cool and dry for longer periods
- Designed with a hook loop strap closure as well as a built-in side zipper for easily putting the boot on
- Enhanced shock absorption and reduced foot fatigue due to the flexible EVA midsole
- Breathable and waterproofing material is used for improved comfort in cold weather
- The zipper has been known to not be able to stand up to tough environments
- Some have found the high-quality laces to be difficult to manage, especially when pattern changing and re-lacing
FREE SOLDIER Men’s Desert Boots
The last boot on the list comes from FREE SOLDIER and is a lightweight yet durable suede leather military boot. It is crafted with a ton of great features and high-quality materials that make it an excellent option for those looking for a durable all-year option.
This boot is quite easily one of the highest quality tactical boots out there. Crafted with an ergonomic design and handed to keep your feet comfortable, this boot is designed utilizing suede leather combined with 1000D Cordura ripstop fabric. This means that it is durable and scratch-resistant, and that is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the features that stand out when it comes to this boot.
Not only is this boot crafted with high-quality full-grain leather, but it also comes with other high-quality materials that help improve the durability and its ability to stand up to uneven terrain. Some of those materials make these boots breathable and offer maximum comfort as well. The middle part of the combat boot is crafted with Lycra fabric which helps keep your feet cool during the summer and dry and warm during the winter.
If someone is looking for classic black combat boots, they may be out of luck with this model. They come only in shades of tan, which could be a deterrent for some. But this is not the only issue that people have found with these boots. Because of the issues with sizing, these are not boots that can be easily ordered online. It is suggested by most to try these on in person and be warned that there may be a lengthy break-in time. Along with this, many people have found that the midfoot support is not as desirable as some would like, which may lead to foot aches.
- Boots are crafted with high-quality full-grain leather for improved durability
- Crafted with high-quality materials, the boots can stand up to rugged terrain
- Designed with breathability that helps keep feet cool and combat odors
- No matter the time of year, these boots will be comfortable thanks to the ultra-lightweight design
- Shoes may require in-person trying on
- Some have found the mid-foot support to be a little less than comfortable and supportive
Having the right tactical boot is more than choosing the tactical boot brands that everyone tells people that they should invest in. The brand may be an important feature but so too are features like the materials and design, which all play a role in helping you figure out what is the best tactical boot.
OUR RECOMMENDED TACTICAL GEAR LIST:
- Best Health and Fitness Tracker, Whoop. Get 1 Month Free: See it here!
- EDC Assisted Opening knife we can’t live without: See it here!
- Best EDC Concealed Carry Pistol: See it here!
- Extreme Performance Morning Dink: See it here!
- Best 3D Printer For Gun Parts and Accessories: See it here!
- Our Top Rated EDC Flashlight: See it here!
- AR Red Dot Sight We Can’t Live Without: See it here!
- Best Handgun Safe For Quick Access: See it here!
- Top Wireless Security Camera For Home Security: See it here!
- The Range Bag You’ve Always Been Looking For: See it here!
- CIA Approved Sharp Shooting Course: See it here!